This Weeks SBQ Meme.....

Today's SBQ was suggested by Renée and is:

How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one?
Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/11/to-knot-or-not/



Yes, I’ve used a waste knot. But only for crewel type embroidery using wool fibers. When stitching using 1 strand of floss on 1 over 1 stitching I just catch the "tail" within a few stitches on the backside. The method I use most with 2 strands of solid colored floss is the loop method. I find it’s the best method for conserving floss and keeping the back of my projects tidy. Again, for variegated colors of 2 or more strands I catch the "tail" within a few stitches on the backside.

Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I've never tried the loop method...I'll have to check it out. I always catch the end under other stitches.

Jan said...

Lucy -

Once you discover how simple and tidy it is you'll never go back! ;-)