This Weeks SBQ Meme.....

Today's SBQ was suggested by Kathryn and is:

What is the smallest count fabric you have ever used? Did you stitch over one?
Conversely, what is the largest count fabric you have ever used?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/02/fabric-count/




Let's see, the smallest count fabric I’ve ever worked on was 30 count Cream Murano. Which is rather funny in a way, because it’s also the smallest project I stitched. A 1 cm x 1 cm (3/8 in. X 3/8 in.) petit point (over 1) rose bud square for my “I Love Cross Stitch” watch.

I had purchased the watch from www.whimsicalwatches.com but was disappointed with the cheap looking background picture inside the watch, so I designed a new one using Adobe Photoshop. I repainted the charms and added a floss bundle and fabric square. If you look at the background chart, the rose bud just above the magnifier is the same stitched rose bud below. The watch itself is 1-1/2 inches in diameter



The largest I’ve used was an 18 count needlepoint canvas. I stitched “Canvas Sampler #3” a stitch-along project from the PBS TV show “Needle Arts Studio with Shay Pendray”.

Trying to do a band sampler on canvas is – to put it bluntly NASTY!! I was unimpressed with the results and one of these days I’ll re-stitch it using 28 count even weave fabric. Here’s a picture of it as you won’t see it in my finished projects pages. It’s size is roughly 7 in. X 11 in.




Edited 2/22 to add: OPPS!!! How could I have forgotten – I’ve used 14 count Aida. So technically that’s the largest count I’ve used. And it just happens to be what I’m using for Le Marquoir - Il était une fois ( Once Upon A Time ).


Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: