This Week's SBQ Meme.....

Thursday's SBQ was suggested by Cindy and is:

Do you have a system for organizing freebie charts in your stash? If so, what is it? Do you print out copies of all of the freebies that you find on the web ( that you think you might actually stitch ) or do you maintain electronic copies of them until you are ready to stitch them?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/03/sbq-freebie-organization/





With all the freebies I’ve found on the internet, I wouldn’t have enough printer paper or shelf space to keep them all. So I sort them by designer, or by category if the designer is unknown, and burn a copy to CD-R.

The only paper copies I have ( of these ) are the charts from Teresa Wentzler and a few others that I’ve purchased from www.oddsandinsonline.com and www.patternsonline.com.
When I do print them out, I still put them in protective sleeves and in three-ring binders. They’re my paper back-up in-case something happens to the CD-Rs.

I've also left a copy of the files on my hard drive as a secondary back-up in case something happens to the CD-Rs and the paper copies. Being a former computer programmer I'm big on redundancies.


As far as stitching them. Well I’ve scratched the surface and done some, but I’ve far too many to stitch them all. So I collect them in earnest knowing that they’ll be there in the future for me.



Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: