To Love and Cherish - sent to it's new home...

WAHOO!! DONE, DONE, DONE!!!!

Name: To Love and Cherish
Type: Counted Cross Stitch
Finished Chart Size:
11" x 14" ( 27.9cm x 35.6cm ) on 28ct. Jubilee by Zweigart [Antique White]
Finished Frame Size: 17" x 19"
Kit #: 023-0139
Designer/Publisher: Sandy Orton/© 2004 Janlynn Corp.
Finished: May 29, 2007

Misc. Info: Started March 19, 2006. Faces have been covered to provide anonymity. The frame is polished aluminum, the mats are Off-White Linen and Very Lt. Antique Violet ( DMC 3743).


Me and digital cameras just don’t seem to get along. Case in point these pictures. If you were to see it in person the Antique Violet matt really makes the (DMC 3743) shadows under the roses and banners really pop giving it a 3-D look. I’m really happy the way the stitching turned out. I would’ve preferred the sepia couple that came with the chart. To tape a photo in the center just seemed wrong to me. But that’s my taste and my sister insisted, and well, it’s going on their living room wall. (click to see larger pic)

Click here
Click here


Other Stitching News: Well I’m going to be starting up my monthly rotation schedule again. And since there’s only a week left in June I thought I’d put some time in on “Christmas Sampler 2003”. Working on black fabric can really be hard on the eyes. But I need to show some progress on it, so it gets a week and starting next month it’s on to TW’s “Camelot Sampler”.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oooh well done on such a spectacular finish. It's lovely.

Jan said...

Thank ye kindly Jules!!! ;-)

Jan J.

Unknown said...

Very nice. I'm thinking of doing this one for a friend who's getting married in September but time's running out. Yours is gorgeous! Congrats

Jan said...

Thanks Deb!!
I'd say go for it. Two months, 8 hours per day, no problem. Plan B, just in case you run out of time, a microwave from Target! Ha! ;-)

Jan J.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi! I so love your finished project. I wish to stitch it too but I can't find a chart here i the Philippines.

I'm wondering if you can kindly email me the chart, only if it's alright with you.

I'll be very grateful...thanks in advance.

Tess

Jan said...

Tess - you didn't leave me a email address to contact you. And I can't reach you through your blog page.