SBQ Meme of the Week

Today's SBQ was suggested by Jennifer and is:

How did you get started stitching?
Was there a person that inspired you?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/08/omg-sbq/



It was my grandmother that got me interested. She like to hand embroider pillow cases with hot iron transfers and finish the edging in crochet work. She got me started with embroidering pillow cases and I even tried stamped cross stitch. I was 7 or 8 at the time and my interest didn’t last long. It was in 1983 when my interest was re-kindled and just out of comm. college when I bought my first counted cross stitch kit. It was worked on 14 count aida and was Gather Ye Rosebuds by Kathi Wagner. I simply followed the directions and taught myself.

Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: