Happy Day After Thanksgiving…..

I hope everyone had a hassle free Thanksgiving yesterday, I did. The family (me, mom, dad, sister – kids & husband + mother in-law) all went out to Old Country Buffet for dinner.

On the stitching front I finally manage to finish part 5 of “Il était une fois”. After much debate I decided to go back and frog out the french knots for parts 1 and 4. French knots on 18ct aida looked really suck-y so I replaced them with Mill Hill petite seed beads #42012 Royal Plum. I think it gives the project just that little bit of “Bling” that was missing. That and no more making french knots with a single strand of thread….YEA!!!

Click here

Anyway, I’m starting to get bored with this so it’s time to move on to the next project on my WiPs list. That being Camelot Sampler. I just now took a look at my website and I can’t believe it; but it’s been 2 years this month since I worked on it last. Looks like I need to put some serious work into getting that over-1 section of the jousting scene finished. It’s either that or I finish the twisted rope border around the top half of the chart. Hummmm….. decisions, decisions…..

In other news: I went and got myself a very early christmas present. A black Zune 30 gig digital media player with docking port. I was a little over whelmed by it at first trying to figure out the computer software interface. But once I figured out how to rip my audio books and set them up in a play list under the music folder I was a happy camper. That’s what I plan to use it for mostly, that and maybe two dozen of my favorite music albums. It also has folders for pictures, videos, and an FM radio. It also has a built-in wireless connection to link up to other Zune devices, but since I’m a little paranoid about viruses I turned that feature off. I don’t like the idea of riding on the transit bus and suddenly getting a pop-up message from a stranger in the vicinity.

Well that’s it for this blog blurb……

0 comments: