SBQ Meme: Blended Threads

This week's SBQ was suggested by Christine and is:

How do you handle blended threads? Do you kit the blends up before you start a piece, or do you grab what colors you need and blend when the need arises? If you kit up the blends beforehand, how do you store them? Do you have another option for blends to share?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/04/sbq-blends/




Loran Project card

Like most stitchers I blend (tweed) as I go. I set up my LoRan small project cards so the 2 solid colors are on either side of the blended color. Example [ 378 – 378/379 – 379 ]. That means I pull 1 thread from each solid color, use the blend and place the unused piece in the middle hole to be worked later in the same project. I try to organize all my blended pairs this way on 1 – 2 project cards. That way I'm not duplicating solid colors on more than one card. When I'm finished with the project I either toss the blend or, if the length is still usable, separate the threads and return them to their respective plastic bobbins.

A hint for the LoRan cards: Write on the back and not the front of the cards, that way you can easily erase the pencil markings and use the cards again.



Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: