SBQ Meme: Stitching Term or Acronym

This week's SBQ was suggested by Renée and is:

For seasoned stitchers: Define a stitching term or acronym for new stitchers.
For newbies: What stitching term or acronym would you like defined?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/05/sbq-stitch-speak/




I can remember the first time I joined the stitching boards over at www.ezboard.com ( now www.yuku.com ) I was so bewildered by all the abbreviations used in the messages.

The one memorable one that always gave me a start when I read it in a header was:

SEX = Stash Enhancement eXpense ( or eXperience )
: Materials bought, gained in an exchange, won in an auction, etc.

Others that always gave me trouble trying to remember:

SABLE = Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy
: To know for sure, simply ask yourself this one simple question - If I quit buying anymore stash and stitched everything that is currently in my stash? If the answer is no, you have reached SABLE.

AFAIK = As Far As I Know
FWIW = For What It’s Worth
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary ( your experience may differ from mine)


Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: