SBQ Meme: Fabric or Floss?

This week's SBQ was suggested by Dawn and is:


If you had to choose, would you rather spend money on overdyed floss or hand-dyed fabric?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2008/08/sbq-fabric-and-floss/




ACK!!! What a tough question. Can’t I just have both??? { chuckle }

The first time I ever used overdyed floss was with Teresa Wentzler’s Dragon Needlebook. It was Dinky Dyes silk and I really loved the look and feel of the floss. I don’t collect it as a rule, since it’s expensive I only buy the exact amounts for what a project calls for.

As for hand dyed fabrics. I love looking at them but just can’t get myself to actually use a piece of it. I have 2 cuts of the stuff – one lt. blue, one lt. tea by True Colors.

Hummm….Well my choice would probably be the overdyed floss. I could always dye my own fabric using RIT® Brand Color Dye if I truly needed a piece for a project.


Stitching Blogger's Question
Category: 0 comments

0 comments: