Monthly Weigh-In, Glasses, and Needlework

Ok, my official end of the month weigh-in is here. Sad to say a very disappointing blow for me. The scales have been bouncing up and down all month, as I’ve had to deal with aching joints, fatigue, and sugar cravings (which I gave into). So as of Jan 31, 2009 I’m 177 lbs - just a 3 pound loss. This is the first time since I started last year that I’ve missed my 5 pound goal. Hopefully next month I’ll do better.

I’m still waiting on the optometrist to call about my re-maded glasses. They didn’t get the bifocals cut right the first time. So I’m have a rotten time, reading, typing, etc. and needlework is out unless I switch back to my old glasses.

Speaking of needlework, I’ve found another free french chart stitch-along. I’m going to be collecting the parts for this, as I have too many other WiPs to deal with at the moment, to even think about starting another project. It’s called “Grand Abecedaire” part 1 of 8 can be found starting at this blog entry: http://gazette94.blogspot.com/2008/11/grand-abecedaire-18.html

Click here


The second acquisition is an out-of-print chart by Heaven and Earth Designs called “Eternal Promise” the artwork is called “Arwen and Aragorn” by artist Matt Stewart. I put up a {in search of…} plea on the HAED message board and a very kind person sold me her used copy. Almost the very next day someone else was asking if I’d sell it to them after I was finished with stitching mine. She’s going to have a long wait, because I probably won’t get started on this until sometime in 2010, if I’m lucky in getting a few WiPs done this year first.


Click here


Hopefully I can get over this cold weather/depression slump I’m in and start posting more book reviews and needlework updates this next month.

That’s all for this blog blurb.

3 comments:

Erna said...

Hi Ja'niece, found your blog while surfing . Nice projects your working on. Sorry to hear about your weight loss. But you did a great job so far. I'm always strugling with my weight myself, every day I start again .
Take care
Erna Holland

Erna said...

Hi again Ja'niece ,I didn't make the sampelr myself, it's a sampler from The Goodheart Sampler collection. It was lovely to hear from you, stay in touch.
Bye Erna

Anonymous said...

I would also love to buy that chart off you when you're done with it....I have been coveting this piece for ages now....I look forward to sewing how you go...