I'm ALIVE & back from Blog Oblivion

Greetings fellow stitchers and bloggers, I have returned to the land o' blogging officially on February 28th with a new face lift to the old blog pages.   It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2 years since I spouted my drivel here for the world to read. 

Quite a lot has happened since then.  The very next month after my last blog blurb I moved from Richland to Kennewick to my own apartment to be just 10 minutes away from work.  It was very lonely at first, being out on my own for the first time and I went through renter's remorse for the first year.  By the second year I had gotten use to living alone.  I also managed to find a boyfriend for roughly 5 months; I dated a co-worker - yeah I know - I broke the cardinal rule - never date a co-worker. Unless, of course, one of you plans on moving on to a different job after the break-up.  Didn't happen - so now I'm stuck with the memory of him dumping me every day I see him at work.  But life goes on, as they say, and a guy friend of mine outside of work has set me up to meet his younger brother.  I've seen him twice so far both times at the local bar/restaurant accompanied by his older brother.  He seems to be interested in me so we shall see what happens.

I've kinda let my stitching fall by the way side.  I have done some work on Berlin Woolwork Sampler.  I've almost got part 2 done, just the 3 motifs on the bottom to finish as you can see from the craptastic picture below.



In May 2011 I did start another stitch-along mystery project, Birds of a Feather by designer Brenda Gervais.  I had read about it through Needle in a Haystack's newsletter.  I tried to keep up by joining the on-line Yahoo group but as always I fell behind and all 3 parts came out before I even got the border completed.  I don't have a current progress picture of it at the moment so maybe tomorrow or Saturday I'll have one.  If you want to see what I've done so far here's the link to my album on the Yahoo group page.[ NIAH_SAL_SummerMysterySampler ]

Well it's time to close this blog blurb as it's now past 10pm and I'm getting sleepy.  I'm glad I finally got off my procrastinating ass and am back blogging again.

0 comments: