February WIPocalypse


First off I have a couple of disappointments to relay.  Duck Collage didn't get any attention this last week so no updates; and my 100 ml glass TUSAL beaker that I've had ever since college chemistry (32 years) class is broken. Putting my micro highlighter pens in it caused the bottom to shatter and over the weekend I noticed tiny shards of glass on my TV tray/ table.  Thankfully I still have my 50 ml glass beaker for floss orts.


February 22 - Topic: If you have any of your pieces on display in your home which attracts the most plaudits? (Via Hazel)
I only have two pieces on the wall and they are.....

 
Sorry for the reflection of the curtains.



Two reasons: 1) I don't have the money right now to frame and hang all my pieces. 2) I live alone and have no boyfriend/friends that visit me. So there is no one to admire my work.
 
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll have an update on Duck Collage to post next Sunday.

3 comments:

D1-D2 said...

That unicorn is just gorgeous. You should put stuff on display anyways. It doesn't have to be professionally framed. I've seen tutorials online and there small wooden easels you can get for displaying. And even if no one see it but you, it will still give you that feeling of accomplishment.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Agree with D1-D2, display it for you! I frame everything smaller myself, it's only my large pieces I get professionally done. I rotate a lot of my stitching too so there are different pieces up all the time.

OhSewCrafty said...

Try DiY framing, or wall hangings, or pillows... There are a lot of options. The unicorn is so pretty.