End of 2016 Wrap Up....

Back in May I lost my stitchy bug and it still hasn't fully returned.  I've kept the stitchy embers alive by working  a few stitches here and there over the last 7 months on "Now I Lay Me..." by Paragon Needlecraft  (a stamped cross stitch) I finally finished it Nov. 26.

 
I've also been binge watching FlossTube and have discovered that I really like watching the male stitchers and their perspective on stitching.

As for the SALs, WIPocalypse and TUSAL, I'm undecided if I'm going to continue with them in 2017, it all depends on how I feel (mentally) at the end of January.

I'm also undecided if I'm going to keep "My BAP Blog" as I haven't really posted anything to it and what's the point of having two blogs when I can barely keep up with one.

I suppose I should answer the WIPocalypse questions I missed and show a snap of my Orts for the year 2016.
 
June 20 – Topic:  Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter?  Neither really, I stitch incredibly slow no matter what time of the year it is.
 
July 19 – Topic: (two options) If you are participating in the Olympic Challenge, tell us about your plans – which type of challenge you’ve selected, the pieces you’ll be stitching on, etc.  If you are not participating in the challenge, tell us how this year’s stitching is going for you so far, and if you’re meeting your stitching goals so far for the year.  I didn't participate in the challenge and I didn't have any goals this year to meet.
 
August 18 – Topic:  Have you ever read any fictional books that involve embroidery?  If so, give us some recommendations?
Yes! - A needlecraft mystery series by Monica Ferris.  It's about a woman who owns a LNS that's an amateur detective.
 
September 16 – Topic:  Tell us a story about the journey you took through one of your completed pieces.   It's the piece that's pictured above.  I started it sometime between 1966 and 1970 (12 yrs. old).  After losing interest in it after the lettering was done I put it away and ended up losing the instructions and the thread.  In June 2004 I found it again on Ebay in unopened condition and purchased it for $4.99.  I started it again Sept. 4, 2015 and finished it Nov. 26, 2016.
 
October 16 – Topic:  What online stitching communities do you enjoy? 
Facebook's Teresa Wentzler and Heaven and Earth Designs Communities, and FlossTube.
 
November 14 – Topic:  What pattern (or designer) is on your must-try-to-stitch bucket list? HAED's A Stitch In Time by Aimee Stewart
 
December 14 – Theme: Recap your accomplishments for the year! (Your finishes, your final before/after photos, etc).   Only one finish (see above).
 
 
And last but not least....  My Orts for 2016.
 
 
Here's hoping that everyone has a Happy New Year and a better 2017.....

Jan
Slow as a snail stitcher....


A Stitch In Thyme Website
My BAP Blog

0 comments: